GRADS (Teen Parent Program)
Graduation Reality and Dual Role Skills (GRADS) is a statewide program for pregnant and parenting teens. The Evergreen Public Schools magnet program allows you to attend all or part of the day at Evergreen High School where the program is located. This allows you to participate in activities at your home high school.
- Prenatal and parenting education
- Transportation to and from school
- Child care
- Nurse consultation
- Home/Hospital tutor
- Referral to community resources
Benefits of Taking GRADS
- Students are more likely to stay in school and graduate
- Have a place to connect with others who are pregnant or parenting.
- Learn how to be a better parent, both before and after your baby is born.
- Learn how to take care of yourself and your baby before it’s born.
- Students are more likely to get early prenatal care.
- Students are less likely to deliver low birth weight babies.
- Students will learn more about being a positive parent.
- Students are less likely to get pregnant with a second child while they are still in school.
GRADS Child Care Center
- Located at Legacy High School, a short walk to EHS.
- Students must be enrolled in GRADS to access the child care center.
- Licensed adult caregivers
- Reduced fees
- Low child to caregiver ratio
- Convenient for breastfeeding
- Learning and loving atmosphere