We would like to inform you of an opening on the Evergreen School District Board of Directors representing your area. This is an extremely important position to the community and, particularly, its children. Evergreen is recognized at both the state and national level as a progressive school district offering a variety of quality educational programs to more than 26,000 students. It is the largest school district in Clark County and the sixth largest in the state of Washington. Evergreen is the third largest employer in Clark County.
Leadership of this organization is provided by five elected school board members who meet several times per month to plan the school district’s future, set policy, and conduct school district business. The vacancy for Director District #4 resulted when the incumbent resigned for personal reasons. The school district is actively seeking applicants in order to appoint a replacement by Tuesday, February 26, 2019. Given the school district’s size and its mission, preferred candidates would have a track record of involvement in public education, a commitment to the welfare of all students, and a willingness to donate the time and energy necessary to learn the job and to fulfill its responsibilities. Those responsibilities will include, in the near future, budget decisions and legislative advocacy to support our commitment to every student achieving at their potential.
Should this opportunity be of interest to you, please read below about how to apply.
Julie Bocanegra, President
Evergreen School District Board of Directors
N O T I C E
A vacancy currently exists on the Evergreen School District Board of Directors for Director District #4. The Board will accept applications for appointment to this position through January 31, 2019. Appointment is for approximately eight (8) months, when this position will be up for election in the 2019 primary and general elections. Term of office for the winner of the November 2019 election will be four years.
Details of the Application Process
- Determine initial applicant qualifications:
- The applicant must be a registered voter.
- The applicant must reside within Evergreen School District Director District #4. (See boundary description on reverse side of this page).
- Send an initial letter of interest (no later than January 28, 2019) to Julie Bocanegra, President, Evergreen School District Board of Directors, P. O. Box 8910, Vancouver, WA 98668-8910, or e-mail to email@example.com. Applicants should be sure to include their full name, their full address (including zip code), an email address and a telephone number where they can be contacted during the day.
- Upon receipt of the letter of interest, a form will be sent to the applicant. This form must be completed and returned by 5:00 p.m. on January 31, 2019.
- The Board will consider each applicant and select qualified candidates on or about Tuesday, February 12, 2019 with interviews to follow shortly after that date. It is the intention of the Board to select the new member of the Board of Directors at its special meeting on Tuesday, February 26, 2019.
- Interviews for the vacancy will be in a meeting open to the public; however, evaluation of the qualifications of the candidates will occur in executive session.
Thank you for your interest.
Evergreen Public Schools does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The district is committed to a safe and civil educational environment for all students, employees, parents/legal guardians, volunteers and patrons that is free from harassment, intimidation and bullying (HIB).
DESCRIPTION OF SCHOOL BOARD DIRECTOR DISTRICT #4 AREA
Notice is hereby given that a vacancy currently exists on the Evergreen School District Board of Directors in Director District #4: Starting at the intersection of I-205 and SE McGillivray Blvd. Easterly on SE McGillivray Blvd to SE 132nd Ave. North on SE 132nd Ave to SE Mill Plain Blvd. Easterly on SE Mill Plain Blvd to SE 164th Ave. South on SE 164th Ave to SE 15th St. Easterly on SE 15th St to SE Bybee Rd. East and South on SE Bybee Rd to school district boundary. Clockwise following school district boundary to southern crossing of I-205. North on I-205 to the point of the beginning-
Or search your address at:
Enter your address, choose “maps online,” select “find layer”, enter “school district board director area” in the search bar.