The district is committed to a safe and civil educational environment for all students, employees, volunteers and patrons that is free from harassment, intimidation or bullying. Board Policy 3207 defines harassment, intimidation, or bullying as “any intentionally written message or image, including those that are electronically transmitted, a verbal, or physical act, including but not limited to one shown to be motivated by race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, including gender expression or identity, mental or physical disability, or other distinguishing characteristics, when the act:
- Physically harms a student or damages the student's property; or
- Has the affect of substantially interfering with a student's education; or
- Is so severe, persistent, or pervasive that it creates an intimidating or threatening educational environment; or
- Has the effect of substantially disrupting the orderly operation of the school.
If you, your student, or a member of the Evergreen Public Schools community is being subjected to harassment, intimidation, or bullying, please report your concern by one of the following methods:
- Contact SafeSchools Alert at 1-866-548-3847 x1002
- Use https://egreen-wa.safeschoolsalert.com/ to report your concern via the internet. Click on the bullying/harassment link and fill out the web based form.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com; please reference district code 1002 and the name of the school involved in the e-mail.
- Send a text message to #1002 @tip + your tip to (513) 655-7173
- Contact any employee of Evergreen Public Schools.
The concern will be forwarded to the appropriate person at your student's school for follow-up. If you provide your contact information, your student's school will contact you for follow-up and will let you know when the investigation is complete. The building will share you their findings and any interventions that have been taken. If you file a concern anonymously, the building administrator will investigate the concern, take appropriate actions if necessary but will be unable to follow-up with you once the investigation has concluded. Please understand that if discipline is involved, federal and state privacy laws prohibit the school district from sharing this information with you.
The district's policy on bullying and harassment is 3207. The policy can be found here. The district's procedure is 3207P. The procedure can be found here. Copies are also available at your student's school for your review.
If the concern of harassment, intimidation, or bullying is not resolved to your satisfaction, please contact the district's compliance officer. The district's compliance officer is Scott Deutsch. The compliance officer can be contacted via phone at (360) 604-4049 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.