EDUCATIONAL RIGHTS OF CHILDREN AND YOUTH IN TRANSITION
To remove barriers to education and to provide educational stability and support students in transition are entitled to
- Maintain attendance at the school of origin or current school for the remainder of the current school year (if this is in the child’s best interest and feasible) or enroll in the neighborhood school where currently residing.
- Transportation assistance if needed.
- Free lunch
- Appropriate support services such as tutoring, special education services, pre-school services and access to higher education
- Assistance obtaining needed records and documentation, immediate enrollment
- Assistance with needed supplies
Please notify your child's school if you anticipate that you may lose your permanent housing. We will work with you to keep your child in their home school, if at all possible, or connect you with another district if needed. For more information, contact the school counselor or social worker. You may also contact Peggy Carlson, the District Case Manager for Students in Transition, at (360) 604-3900 ext. 1662 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The number for the Clark County Emergency Shelter Hotline is (360) 695-9677. For other resources go to http://www.icfth.com/links or to http://www.211info.org.