THUNDER GRADS- Your Big Day is Wednesday!!!
Class of 2020 students and families:
You are invited to participate in a graduation celebration on August 5. The event, while originally envisioned to be an onsite event, will now be in a drive-up format due to restrictions on group events and the need to maintain strict social distancing. This celebration will allow each student to individually be recognized and receive congratulations from school and district leaders in scheduled time blocks for each of the six high schools (see below).
Vehicles will form a line (and follow traffic direction) to enter McKenzie Stadium area off of NE 18th Street, driving on access road between Evergreen High School and Cascade Middle School. Once the vehicle approaches the graduation staging area, the graduate will get out of the vehicle, sign-in, approach the stage, be announced and pose for a photo (to be taken by family members from the stopped vehicle). The graduate will then return to the vehicle and be directed out of the staging area. The event will be live streamed as well.
All vehicles will (follow the direction of staff guiding traffic flow):
Legacy High School 9:00 a.m. All students
Henrietta Lacks (HeLa) High School 10:00 a.m. All students
Evergreen High School
11:00-11:45 a.m. A-H student last names
11:45-12:15 p.m. I-R student last names
12:15-1:00 p.m. S-Z student last names
Heritage High School
1:30-2:15 p.m. A-H student last names
2:15-3:00 p.m. I-R student last names
3:00-3:45 p.m. S-Z student last names
Mountain View High School
4:15-5:00 p.m. A-H student last names
5:00-5:45 p.m. I-R student last names
5:45-6:30 p.m. S-Z student last names
Union High School 7
7:00-7:45 p.m. A-H student last names
7:45-8:30 p.m. I-R student last names
8:30-9:15 p.m. S-Z student last names
Here is additional information to keep in mind:
1. Be prepared to sit in your car for an extended period of time. (Bring snacks, drinks. There will not be restrooms available on site).
2. One vehicle=one graduate and family. There is not space for multiple cars per graduate.
3. Vehicle types allowed include most passenger cars, vans, SUVs, trucks. Please do not book limos, motor homes, or trailers.
4. “Walk-ups” will be accommodated. A vehicle is not required to participate. Graduates may walk or take public transit to the site.
5. There will be mobility/ADA accommodations. Graduates will be able to access the stage via ramps, or with the assistance of a family member, if needed.
6. Decorate your car! Express your school spirit and excitement. You deserve this moment. And remember - school appropriate signs).
7. Wear your graduation regalia. That includes cap and gown, stoles, cords, leis.
8. There will be a photo opportunity. Families may take a photo of their graduate from the parked vehicle. There will not be a professional photographer taking/providing photos.
9. There will not be space for spectators. Participants and families will only be allowed to be near the stage area while the graduate is being recognized. The event will be live streamed.
We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on August 5-you do not have to RSVP to participate – as we celebrate your high school graduation. We will post the event map and any additional information at:
Evergreen Public Schools